Thursday, December 30, 2010

A retrospective on reading

Every New Years Eve I look back at how our life has changed over the last 12 months. As Abigail ages it is less about the physical and obvious changes and more about her sophistication as she has changed from a infant to a toddler to a preschooler. In the next 12 months she will change into a school aged child as she gets ready to enter kindergarten. As I have been sitting here looking back at old videos I realized I have a lot of Abigail's journey in learning the basics of reading on video and so I decided to create a retrospective and here it is.

27 months old: Her first time reading


33 Months: first trying out phonics


37 Months First "real" book Dick and Jane


45 Months Reading "Beth Learns to Write" out of 2nd grade textbook


50 Months: Reading Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Stinky Bus

No comments: