Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Reaching Goals

Abigail and I set a goal that she would finish an old Bank Street Reader that I had when i was a little kid. The text has four sections. So I told her that when she finished each section I would get her a toy that was less then $5, and then when she finished the entire text book she could pick out something "big". We have left "big" up to discussion.

So we started this on the 14th, the first day of my summer vacation. In the 9 days since I have been on vacation Abigail is 1/2way through the book and has earned two prizes. She earned the second prize this morning when she woke me up at 7:30 with the book in hand to finish reading the story.

She was so proud that she met her goals. I love the sense of accomplishment (and excitement) that she is getting. I am hoping that she continues to be motivated. I want to build on this If I can keep trying I can do it attitude. Since she gets frustrated so easily with her perfectionism issues.


Prize for finishing Part 1


Prize for finishing part 2

No comments: