Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The year of Art?

Will 2010 be the year of Art in our house? I think so. Abigail has been drawing non-stop since New Years and it is fun to watch her come up with her drawings. I can tell they are studying different types of weather in preschool because the background of her picture is a tornado- complete with green sky and gray clouds. If you stand on one foot, hold your head sideways and close one eye you can almost see the tornado funnel that she made.




I put a closeup of her person below. It is a first for her. Her artwork is getting to be more and more detailed. Check out the face. She added eye lashes and more details to the eyes. The outfit is colored in and she even added some color in the grass that is supposed to be a little fairy.


and since it is never too early to learn to bank Abigail has been practicing her withdrawal slips Either that or her grandmother was trying to keep her somewhat still at the bank today. :) She was sooo proud that she wrote mama by herselft for the first time. She made me close my eyes when I got home just to show me! I love that she is starting to really fall in love with written language.



2 comments:

mick said...

Amazing art and writing! I'm looking forward to seeing where she is at the end of the year :)

Laraf123 said...

Truly a wonder! I love the eyelashes! The writing is very exciting too. It's great that you are keeping an ancedotal record--Abigail will love looking back on a timeline of her achievements!