Sunday, March 8, 2009

In less then 24 hours...

Abigail had a busy day yesterday. We had a playdate at our house, and then ran a few errands. At about 3pm Abigail was running around playing as usual before we headed to the park. She felt really warm when I put my hand to her forehead so I took her temperature- and it was 103.8 ! Within 10 minutes it went up to 104.3

Needless to say we did not go to the park. For the rest of the night Abigail did not even leave our couch, she actually became very lethargic and slept on and off for the next 3-4 hours. I sat and contemplated going to the ER, Urgent Care or waiting till the on-call doctor the next morning. I finally decided to wait and see since both of us were tired and she had no other symptoms besides a high fever.

This morning Ab woke up with a 101 temp but was hungry and happy and wanting to play. Again I debated waiting or going to the MD and I am glad I decided to wait. By 11am she had no temp and was playing in the back yard! By 1 she was back to her normal self climbing trees.

I am not sure why or how she get sick but I am very glad that she got better so quickly! Hopefully she stays that way!


My little monkey swinging from branch to branch.




Being cheesy for the camera!

And yes she is climbing the tree in a dress...Abigail may love catching tadpoles, plaing in dirt, and climbing trees but being all girl it must be done in a dress with painted nails.

1 comment:

Jenn W. said...

She is growing up so fast. So glad she is ok...what a strange fever!