Sunday, August 24, 2008

Living Greener

Abigail and I are trying to live a little "greener". Eating organic trying not to use plastic as much and avoiding excessive consumerism. Just trying to live a little more peaceful with the world. In that spirit I decided that I would make abigail a reusable lunch sack vs brown bag or plastic lunch box (which were bigger then her)


It only took a few hrs and (I think) it came out pretty cute!


Here are some pics. Oh and I got the pattern here but added a draw pull.


Hope you like it too.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that's cute!

Jenn W. said...

Cute!! A friend of Jason's grandma's used that same pattern to make Faith a pillow & matching blanket as a baby shower gift for her.

If I knew how to sew, I'd be doing things like this too.

I've been trying to live greener for awhile, but never really thought so much about plastic lunch boxes. I usually turn things like plastic lunch boxes into a toy holder (for toy cars, etc) then eventually when the thing is falling apart, we can take it to the recycle drop off.