Thursday, July 24, 2008

Just a quick update!

Things have been busy in our home (or out of it is a better description). We started our wild weeks of vacation by heading to Myrtle Beach for a couple of day. It was a lot of fun. It would have been more if it did not start POURING as soon as we got into the hotel. But Abigail and I enjoyed going to the aquarium and seeing all the sharks. It is a pretty cool place. The next day was beautiful and we went to the beach and the pools. Abigail had a good time playing with her friend Sophia, who left Myrtle Beach with a beautiful new hair style. If you would like to see all the pictures you can click here .

The next week Abigail spent her first night away from me. Or to be more exact I spent my first night away from her. It was very hard for both of us. I think more for me then her. I dont think it helped that she got in trouble for the first time a few hrs before I left. She threw my wallet out a car window!!

On Thursday of last week we went to Sesame Place with friends. Abigail had a wonderful time playing with all the characters and in all the water. It was REALLY crowded though. Can't wait to go back next year when she can do all the big rides.

On Saturday we drove down to NYC and did the tourist thing for the day. It was fun but exhausting and I was happy to be home sleeping in my own bed on Monday night (tuesday morning??)

Other random things...

Abigail can read one word. She can read the word Dora (can you see how she is going to be as a teenager). She has a pair of paties that has the word Adorable on the front. She pointed to them the other morning and said "look mama, dora" and pointed to the D-O-R-A in a-D-O-R-A-b-l-e. I thought it was very cute.

Ab went to the roller skating rink for the first time. She had a lot of fun ( I think) but it took her an hour to go as far around the rink as she did. We will try again soon when it is NOT naptime.

Hope everyone else is haing a great summer. I can not believe that my "baby" starts preschool a month from Sunday. It seems like only yesterday she was born.

No comments: